Craving for a sweet treat that’s also fried? Try this recipe for fried ice cream. It uses no batter or serious equipment.
Fried Ice Cream
Recipe by Si Thu Kyaw, fleet manager
Makes 8 servings
- Scoop 8 balls of ice cream onto a tray, spacing them out. Freeze overnight, uncovered.
- Trim the edges of 8 slices of wholemeal bread then flatten with a rolling pin.
- Place an ice cream ball in the centre of a piece of bread. Wrap it by pinching the two diagonal corners together, then pressing the seams together to make a triangle.
- Fold in the other two corners to fully wrap up the ice cream ball.
- Freeze the ice cream parcels overnight, uncovered.
- Over high heat, add cooking oil into a pan to about 3cm deep. When the oil starts smoking, place an ice cream parcel in it. Roll it around the pan for 10 seconds, until evenly golden brown.
- Drizzle over with chocolate sauce and serve.