Norwegian fjord trout is generally smaller than salmon even though it has a similar silver-coloured skin. It is also perfect to eat it raw, marinated and lightly cooked dish.
- 1 whole salmon head, cut into 2
- 2 tbsp salted fermented soya bean, wash and soak
- 1 tbsp black fermented soya bean, soak
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200g spring onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 100g ginger, chopped
- 3 tbsp oil
- Sugar, salt and pepper to taste
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp potato starch
- In a pan or wok sauté garlic, ginger until fragrant.
- Add black and salted soya beans, cook until soft. Season with oyster sauce, sesame oil and stock, bring to a simmer.
- Adjust seasoning and then add chopped chili.
- Thicken the sauce by adding potato starch.
- Cut salmon head into half and steamed with some ginger for 10 minutes.
- Remove and pour away water.
- Spoon sauce over fish and garnish with spring onion.