Don't we all love salmon in our Yee Sang, the most vital dish to our Chinese New Year meals - to usher in good luck and prosperity for the new year? We were lucky to have a session with Chef Jimmy Chok on how to prepare healthy dishes for the festive season! Here are some healthy recipes and tips on how to cook salmon to perfection.
Norwegian Fjord Trout with Japanese mushroom black pepper sauce
- 2 whole fillets fjord trout, top loin only
- 2 packet shimeiji mushroom
- 3 tbsp Lee Kum Kee black pepper sauce
- 1 green bell pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 100g ginger, chopped
- salt/pepper/sugar to taste
- 300ml chicken stock
- Salt trout for 20 minutes and wash away salt after that. Dab dry with paper towels.
- Wrap trout loin tight with cling film.
- Bake in oven at 41 celcius for 1.5 hours. Once done, remove and allow to cool in fridge.
- In pan sweat garlic and ginger, then stir fry mushroom and green peppers.
- Add black pepper sauce, stock and adjust seasoning.
- Cut trout to portion and place on plate.
- Pour sauce over and garnish.
Picture credit: Norwegian Seafood Council