Jasmine NutriRice Blackberry
Also known as the ‘forbidden rice’, black rice is very nutritious – which is why it was favoured by emperors. The NutriRice Blackberry is a great start to a healthy diet as it contains lots of protein, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals to help prevent diabetes, cancer, heart disease, and of course, weight gain.
Black Rice Pudding with Coconut and Mango
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 1 cup NutriRice Blackberry, uncooked
- 1L water
- 1 can or 396ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsp sugar or brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup coconut flesh (optional)
- Boil rice in a pot with water, stirring occasionally to prevent grains from sticking to the bottom. Remove from heat once grains are plumped.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk, sugar and vanilla extract. Over medium heat, stir until sugar dissolves. Then, add a pinch of salt to give it added flavour.
- Spoon rice into a bowl and top with sweetened coconut milk, mango and coconut flesh. Serve warm.
Change it up the next time round with these two options!
Jasmine SunBrown Original
Grown locally in Kedah – our very own ‘rice bowl’ region – this has a medium-hard texture. It’s well-loved for its delicious flavour and taste. It contains minerals such as calcium, potassium, vitamins, and proteins to fuel your body!
Jasmine NutriRice Thai Red
This is ideal for those who are health-conscious and looking to keep to a weight-loss diet. The red pigment is known to be rich in antioxidants that will help combat the damaging effects of free radicals. This rice also contains vitamins and minerals.
If you would like to find out more about Jasmine products, head over to their website for more information!