Healthy Kuah Lodeh
by Maha Mahu (runner-up)
- 30g cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 3 stalks long beans
- 5 stalks baby corn
- 6 pcs fried tofu
- 1 piece fried tempe
- 50g suhun noodles (glass noodles / rice vermicelli)
- 50g fu chuk
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 1 pack Fernleaf Low Fat Milk
- 30g Anchor Pure New Zealand Unsalted Butter
- 1 pack Anlene Plain Yogurt
- Salt, to taste
- 1 red chilli
Ingredients to blend:
- ½ large onion
- 3 bulbs garlic
- 2.5cm turmeric
- 100g dried prawns
- Soak the suhun noodles and fu chuk in room-temperature water until soft.
- Cut the tofu and tempe, then fry until fully cooked.
- Chop the cabbage, long beans, carrot, baby corn, and red chilli into small pieces.
- Blend large onion, garlic, tumeric and dried prawns until fine.
- Heat a pot and melt some Anchor Pure New Zealand Unsalted Butter, then stir-fry the blended ingredients.
- Add in 2 stalks of lemongrass and stir-fry until fragrant.
- Pour in the Fernleaf Low Fat Milk and leave on heat until simmering.
- Add all the chopped vegetables.
- Pour in the fried tofu and tempe.
- Add the soft suhun noodles and fu chuk.
- Pour in the Anlene Plain Yogurt and stir well.
- Finally, season with salt to your personal preference.
- Decorate with finely chopped red chilli.