Bedazzle your family members with this scrumptious prawn dumpling recipe. Prep for the next meal with the crunch and juicy fillings of the meat.
Prep time: 40 minutes
- 1 packet dumpling skins/pastry
- 120g prawns, peeled
- 100g minced chicken/pork
- 1 large dried Chinese mushroom, softened in hot water, squeeze-dried and diced finely
- 3 water chestnuts, diced finely
- 1 tbsp carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp spring onions, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fine salt
- Cover baking tray with plastic wrap or lightly flour the tray’s base.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for filling with seasoning and mix well. Refrigerate for ½ hour.
- Scoop one teaspoonful of filling onto centre of dumpling skin. (Do not heap teaspoon with filling). Brush edges of skin with water and bring together. Place in a single layer on prepared baking tray.
- Cover dumplings in plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- Deep-fry or add to hotpot.