Fresh Watermelon Salad
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- ½ watermelon, cut into cubes
- 100g basil leaves, torn into medium-sized pieces
- 300g rocket leaves
- 30ml extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole limes, juiced
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- Place watermelon in a bowl. Leave to chill in the fridge.
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, combine basil leaves, rocket leaves and half the dressing; toss. Line the bottom of a large platter with dressed salad. Top with watermelon cubes and crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle with dressing and serve.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Dress leafy salads just before serving to prevent them from wilting. Do keep the leaves dry and crisp until right before they’re dressed.
Purchase our Her World Cookbook 2018: For The Love of Food by Ili Sulaiman at your nearest bookstore or newsstand. It’s also available online from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Find out more here!